SDK License Agreement
Updated on February 5, 2017
IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY:
This is a legal contract (“Agreement”) between You and LogMeIn, Inc. on behalf of its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “LMI”) “You” or “Your” shall refer to: (i) your company, if you are downloading, installing, or using this Software Development Kit (“SDK”) on behalf of your company; or (ii) yourself if you are downloading, installing, or using the SDK on your own behalf. If You are entering into this Agreement on behalf of Your company, You represent that You have the authority to bind the company to these terms and conditions. BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE SDK, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR USE THE SDK.
- License. The SDK may include certain tools, utilities, application program interfaces, header files, libraries, scripts, cmdlets, wrappers, sample code, data files, or text files relating to LMI products or services (“Services”).
- a. Grant. LMI grants to You a nonexclusive and nontransferable license to internally use the SDK solely for the development and support of Your application that accesses or utilizes the corresponding LMI Services (the “Application”). In addition, LMI hereby permits You to use, reproduce, modify, display, compile, link, sublicense and distribute the applicable portion(s) of the SDK components intended for redistribution as part of Your Application as set forth in the SDK documentation (“Redistributables,” e.g., library objects, runtime modules, and sample code). You may distribute such portion(s) only as integrated with Your Application to Your end users pursuant to such license terms and conditions as You customarily use to distribute other similar code of Your own. Open source software components provided with this SDK, if any, are licensed to You under the applicable license terms included with such components.
- b. Support. You shall be responsible for providing any support for Your Application to Your end users. LMI shall have no obligation to provide any support services or updates for the SDK.
- Description of Other Limitations and Obligations. Except to the extent permitted by applicable mandatory law and except as specified in Section 1(a) above, You may not use, copy, modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works based on, rent, timeshare, lease, lend or transfer the SDK in whole or in part, or grant any rights in the SDK. You may not use the SDK in connection with infringement analysis concerning any LMI Services. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by LMI or its licensors. You agree to allow LMI to audit Your compliance with the terms of this Agreement upon prior written notice during normal business hours.
Warranties and Disclaimers. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SDK IS PROVIDED BY LMI ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. LMI MAKES AND YOU RECEIVE NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, AND LMI SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LMI MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SDK WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SDK WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DOES LMI MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SDK OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SDK WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SDK IS NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE WITH ANY EQUIPMENT THE FAILURE OF WHICH COULD LEAD DIRECTLY TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. YOU ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SELECTION OF THE SDK AND RESULTS OBTAINED FROM IT.
Intellectual Property Rights. No title to or ownership of the SDK are transferred to You. LMI and/or its licensors own and retain all title and ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the SDK, including any adaptations or copies. You acquire only a limited license to use the SDK.
Export Restrictions. You agree that You will not export, re-export, or import the SDK in any form without the appropriate government licenses. You understand that under no circumstances may the SDK be exported to any country subject to U.S. embargo or to U.S.-designated denied persons or prohibited entities or U.S. specially designated nationals.
Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LMI against any claim, suit or proceeding brought against LMI based on an allegation related to Your design, use, marketing (including misrepresentations), sale, and distribution of Your Application, including but not limited to Your end users’ use of such Application.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL LMI BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL LOSS, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) LOSS OF DATA, (ii) LOSS OF INCOME, (iii) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, (iv) LOST PROFITS, OR (v) COSTS OF RECOVERY OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT LMI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. LMI’S LIABILITY HEREUNDER IS LIMITED TO $50.00.
Confidentiality. Except for open source components included in the SDK, if any, the SDK shall be deemed to be the Confidential Information of LMI. You shall maintain the Confidential Information in confidence and disclose the Confidential Information only to Your employees, subcontractors and consultants who have a need to know such Confidential Information in order to use the SDK in accordance with this Agreement, and who have signed confidentiality agreements with You substantially as restrictive as this Agreement. You remain responsible for breaches of this Agreement arising from the acts or omissions of Your employees, subcontractors and consultants. You shall protect Confidential Information by using the same degree of care as You use to protect Your own information of a like nature, but no less than a reasonable degree of care, to prevent the unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination, or publication of the Confidential Information.
Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated (the “Term”). You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of the SDK. LMI may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason. Unauthorized copying or distribution of the SDK or the accompanying documentation or otherwise failing to comply with the license restrictions in this Agreement will result in automatic termination of this Agreement and will make available to LMI all other legal and equitable remedies. You agree and acknowledge that Your material breach of this Agreement may cause LMI irreparable harm for which monetary damages alone would be inadequate and that LMI shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Upon termination of this Agreement, the license granted herein will terminate and You must immediately destroy the SDK and accompanying documentation, and all back-up copies thereof. The provisions of Sections 2 through 8 and, 11 and any third party licenses to Redistributables properly granted during the Term shall survive termination of this Agreement.
U.S. Government End Users. If You are a U.S. Government agency, in accordance with Section 12.212 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (48 CFR 12.212 (October 1995)) and Sections 227.7202-1 and 227.7202-3 of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (48 CFR 227.7202-1, 227.7202-3 (June 1995)), You hereby acknowledge that the SDK constitutes “Commercial Computer Software” and that the use, duplication, and disclosure of the SDK by the U.S. Government or any of its agencies is governed by, and is subject to, all of the terms, conditions, restrictions, and limitations set forth in this standard commercial license Agreement. In the event that, for any reason, Sections 12.212, 227.7202-1 or 227.7202-3 are deemed not applicable, You hereby acknowledge that the Government’s right to use, duplicate, or disclose the SDK are “Restricted Rights” as defined in 48 CFR Section 52.227-19(c)(1) and (2) (June 1987), or DFARS 252.227-7014(a)(14) (June 1995), as applicable. Manufacturer is LogMeIn, Inc.; 320 Summer Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02210.
Choice of Law and Venue. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California without reference to conflict of laws principles and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, and in any dispute arising out of this Agreement, You consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the State and Federal courts within Santa Clara County, California. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall be to that extent deemed omitted and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. To the extent a provision is deemed omitted, the parties agree to comply with the remaining terms of this Agreement in a manner consistent with the original intent of the Agreement.
How to Contact LMI. Should You have any questions concerning this Agreement or want to contact LMI for any reason, write to LMI at the following address: LogMeIn, Inc., 7410 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, CA 93117 or contact us at email@example.com.
- How much do the LogMeIn APIs cost?
- How do I get started?
- How do I get support for the APIs?
- Can I access more than one product API?
- What are the rate limits for the APIs?
- How to login or create a developer account
- How to create an OAuth client
- How to obtain an access token
- How to obtain and use refresh tokens
- How to use Postman API collections
- GoToWebinar webhooks
- How to use GoToWebinar webhooks
- How to use GoToConnect API to fetch Account Users and Lines
- How to create, update and delete Account Users via Admin API
- Screen Pop Tutorial
- Date and time conventions
- Paging, Sorting & Filtering Output
- OAuth Migration Guide
- Direct Login Migration
- Java SDK
- .NET SDK
- SDK License Agreement